.KW-based Country Code Top Level Domains (ccTLD)
The Communication and Information Technology Regulatory Authority (CITRA) allocates, regulates, and sets .kw-based Country Code Top Level Domains (ccTLD) in an open process that guarantees efficiency, fairness and transparency for all beneficiaries.
Registering a .kw domain is an easy process facilitated through an electronic registration system that is hosted, managed, operated and supervised by CITRA. The registration is available through CITRA and through CITRA-authorized registrars.
1.Search for the desired domain name on CITRA’s website for availability and select your preferred domain name.
2.Select one of the authorized registrars to book the domain.
3.Complete the registration process through the chosen authorized registrar.
Top Level Domains comprising two or three parts and authorized by ICANN can be registered by anyone in accordance with policies and procedures set by CITRA and the Top Level Domain extensions of the State of Kuwait:
- /.kw: is unavailable at this time
- /.com.kw: domain names of commercial entities currently registered in the State of Kuwait
- /.net.kw: domain names of telecommunications companies (ICT) and registered service providers in the State of Kuwait
- /.edu.kw: domain names of private and public educational entities registered in the State of Kuwait
- /.org.kw: domain names of private charitable foundations registered in the State of Kuwait
- /.gov.kw: domain name of public institutions, commissions and governmental agencies in the State of Kuwait
- /.ind.kw: domain names for the ordinary residents (nationals and expatriates) of the State of Kuwait
.kw Domain Name Services