Board of Directors
CITRA Board of Directors comprises the following ICT professionals:
- Chairman and CEO, Eng. Salim Muthib Al-Ozainah.
- Vice Chairman, Khaled Hassan Al Kandari.
- Board Member, Waleed Saleh Al-Qalaf.
- Board Member, Saud Khaled Al Zeid.
- Board Member, Mohammed Abdullah Al-Kandari.
- Board Member, Shaikha Latifa Dawood Al-Sabah.
- Board Member, Ahmad Abd AlKhudhur Ibrahim .
Chairman and CEO, Eng. Salim Muthib Al-Ozainah
Eng. Salim Al-Ozainah
holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Wentworth Institute of Technology, Massachusetts, United States.
With over 20 years experience in the ICT sector, Eng. Al-Ozainah joined CITRA in as the founding Chairman and CEO with a mandate to establish a leading regulatory body and framework that will enable Kuwait’s ICT sector to excel globally.
Prior to joining CITRA, Eng. Al-Ozainah held several cabinet positions in various national governments, including serving as Minister of Communications in 2012, and various leading boards and committees within the ICT sector. He was a memeber of the preparatory committee of the International Telecommunication Unit’s Delegates Conference, a member of the committee tasked with drafting the bill to establish an independent commission to regulate telecommunications (the organization he now chairs); he was a member of the national committee overseeing telephone companies and emergency services at the Ministry of Communication. His previous posts also include heading Kuwait’s Communications Center at the Ministry of Communication.
Eng. Al-Ozainah various cabinet positions include :
- Minister of State for Housing Affairs and Minister of State for Municipal Affairs, August 2013.
- Minister of State for Housing Affairs and Minister of Communications, December 2012.
- Minister of Information,Minister of Electricity and Water and Acting Minister of Communications, May 2012
- Minister of Communications and Acting Minister of Social Affairs and Labor, February and July 2012.
- Minister of Electricity and Water and Minister of Communications, December 2011.
- Minister of Electricity and Water and Acting Minister of Communications, May 2011.